"How much to hide my wires?"
- TV is already mounted - most times over a fireplace
- Wires are hanging everwhere
- No current electric outlet or power source is behind the TV
- HDMI/AV cords currently being used are too short - components and power strip is hanging in the air
Mounting the TV is the easy part! That can be done with the proper tools in as little as 30 minutes most times.
What you pay for is the ADDITIONAL WORK to give you the PROFESSIONAL, FINISHED LOOK!
Having the TV already mounted actually adds on an extra step in the process!
Here's what has to happen to correct the hanging wires:
- Disconnect the components
- Unmount the TV
- Create 1-2 electric outlets - an electrician will charge $200+ alone to make a single outlet
- Reroute cable wire
- Run wires through the walls - wall studs, firebreaks, insulation, sewage pipes are factors
- Remounting the TV
- Reconnecting components
If concealing the wires was simple, the person that originally mounted the TV would have knocked it out then. Keep in mind that the work you are paying for is not relevant to the price you paid for the TV itself. It is an ENHANCEMENT you are making to your home! It's no different than if you were paying to have flooring installed, walls painted, landscaping, etc.
The single investment you make will totally change the look of one of the spaces most used in your home for years to come!