Home security is one of the essential needs that every home should have. Most people initially think of having a simple alarm installed when security comes to mind. While standard alarm systems are great, many times they do not provide more than a loud alarm and a phone call. Here are a few issues with standard alarm systems:
- Most criminals know how to bypass them
- Only covers areas that have a sensor attached
- Police response times aren't great
- Initial investment and install fee
- Monthly monitoring fee & contract for the service (average 3 years at $35+ monthly = $1260)
- False alarm fees add up - on average $99 per occurrence
Video security surveillance, or security cameras as most refer to them as, offer a higher level of security and many additional benefits. Here are some of the advantages of video security:
- One time investment
- No monthly monitoring fee required
- Gives you a better sense of security and peace of mind
- Better criminal defense
- Visual confirmation at home and on the go - mobile viewing via web and smart devices
- Email alerts when action is detected - monitor yourself!
- Reduces hassle from police department and insurance companies
It may be more in reach than you think!